Career With Us
If you are a highly motivated, engaging and enthusiastic individual with an understanding of the needs of elite student-athletes and if you want to work and excel in a challenging environment, we invite you to join us. You should forward a detailed CV with a recent photograph, stating your academic/professional qualifications, working experience and current and expected salaries to email@example.com.
Please indicate the job title on the subject heading of your email. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
SENIOR SPORT PHYSIOLOGIST/SPORT PHYSIOLOGIST
You will support coaches in designing programmes and interventions to enhance the physiological preparation, development and recovery of youth-athletes through conducting needs assessments with coaches; monitoring of the youth-athletes’ fitness and conditioning; interpreting and reporting test results in a timely manner. You will design and implement talent development programmes; design, create and validate assessments that will enhance further the value of monitoring of youth-athletes’ physical conditioning and sporting performance. You will also lead in the conducting and application of sport science research.
- A Post-graduate Qualification (a PhD in Sport Science or Physiology or MSc [research]) in a similar field of study in Exercise Science, Sports Science, Physiology or related subject.
- At least 2-5 years of working experience in a talent development environment with young athletes
- Experience in high-performance sport or sport science support provision and have worked with a variety of sports, including team and individual sports
- Has membership with relevant professional bodies e.g. Sport and Exercise Science New Zealand, British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences, etc
- Good knowledge of statistical methods and is experienced in analysing, reporting and providing insights from athlete data
- Experience in data mining, predictive statistical modelling and machine learning techniques is desirable
- Ability to demonstrate an emerging track record in research
- A good team player and possess good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
TALENT IDENTIFICATION SPECIALIST
You will lead the delivery of the content pertaining to talent identification, development and selection within the Singapore youth sports eco-system. You will work with key partners to increase knowledge and implement processes to enhance talent identification, development and selection in line with best practices pertaining to athletic development.
- A degree in Sport Science, Sport Analytics or related subject
- A post-graduate qualification in Sport Physiology, Sport Analytics or related subject is an advantage
- At least 2 years of working experience in a talent development environment
- Have strong knowledge of athletic development and the underlying physiological and maturational mechanisms
- Have experience in the management, analysis and visualisation of large datasets
- Able to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Have a passion for sports with active involvement either as a coach, participant or volunteer
EXECUTIVE, STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS
You will work as part of a team to create and deliver strategic communications plans to internal and external target audiences and stakeholders. You will assist in the roll out of these plans to ensure our plans are delivered with consistency, and our target audiences and stakeholders understand and welcome these plans.
- A degree in Mass Communications, Public Relations or equivalent
- Relevant experience in strategic communications, public relations and/or publishing
- Experience in managing internal/external communication deliverables such as collaterals, emails, newsletters, presentations, websites, social media platforms, etc
- Good writing, editing and basic visual graphics skills
- Good relationship building skills to build buy-in across stakeholders
- A good team-player, highly motivated and outcome driven
SENIOR MANAGER/MANAGER, YOUTH COACHING
You will work with NYSI Youth Head Coaches and NSA coaches to design and deliver comprehensive plans dovetailing aspects of the youth coaching developmental systems and pathway(s). You will work with other partner agencies (and partners) to continue the development of coach pathway curriculum(s) in Singapore in coordination with other functional teams in NYSI using a transdisciplinary approach to attain high performance outcomes for youth sports ecosystem.
- Preferably a degree in Sports Coaching, Sports Science or related subject
- At least 3 years of working experience in high performance sports environment with coaches and athletes, in particular with young athletes
- Have worked with a variety of sports, including team and individual sports
- Have a passion for sports (high performance aspect) with active involvement either as a national athlete, coach, participant or support crew
- A degree in Sport Science, Human Movement Studies, Psychology or other related subjects
- Good planning and organisational skills
- A good team-player and highly adaptable to changes
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in English and at least another language
- Proficient in Microsoft office and other web based applications