If you are a highly motivated, engaging and enthusiastic individual with an understanding of the needs of elite student-athletes and if you want to work and excel in a challenging environment, we invite you to join us. You should forward a detailed CV with a recent photograph, stating your academic/professional qualifications, working experience and current and expected salaries to email@example.com.Please indicate the job title on the subject heading of your email. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
MANAGER, PERFORMANCE PATHWAY
You will work with coaches, to design and deliver a comprehensive plan dovetailing all aspects of the youth athlete developmental pathway(s) in NYSI (up to 3 sports) and ensuring that coaches and key support staff provide critical input where needed so as to accelerate and sustain the development of identified athletes. You will work with other partner agencies and partners to continue the development of a pathway curriculum and profiling system as part of the national athlete development pathway that captures real-time key progression markers of identified athletes from junior/youth level progressing through to elite level. You will work in partnership with the sport science and talent identification team to develop and validate specific talent profiles and ensure accurate profiling of athlete potential and performance.
- Preferably a degree in Coaching Science, Sport Science or related subject
- At least 3 years of working experience in a talent development environment in particular with young athletes
- Have worked with a variety of sports, including team and individual sports
- Have a passion for sports (high performance aspect) with active involvement either as a national athlete, coach, participant or support crew
MANAGER, STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS
You will be responsible for building a strong organisational brand by managing key internal and external stakeholders through effective communication channels/processes. You will develop and deliver strategic communications plans and programmes. You will create and deliver communications for new programmes encompassing comprehensive messaging to all internal and external target audiences. You will lead and manage the organisation-wide roll-out to enable streamlined adoption and consistent integration across communications launches, programmes and campaigns.
- A degree in Mass Communications, Public Relations or equivalent
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in strategic communications, public relations and/or publishing
- Experience in managing internal/external communication deliverables such as collaterals, emails, newsletters, presentations, websites, social media platforms, etc
- Good writing, editing and basic visual graphics skills
- Good relationship building skills to build buy-in across stakeholders
- A good team-player, highly motivated and outcome driven
SPORT PSYCHOLOGIST / BEHAVIOURAL SCIENTIST
As part of the Sport Psychology team, you will deliver and monitor support to high level youth athletes and coaches. You will lead the design and delivery of behavioural interventions, or “nudges”, aimed at encouraging youth athletes and coaches to exhibit behaviours aligned to high performance outcomes. You will facilitate the delivery of these interventions and manage the collation and analysis of results. You will also conduct and present scientific research into fields related to psychology or behavioural science in the area of youth athlete development, youth coaching and/or other relevant areas.
- A degree in Psychology, Behavioural Science or related field
- A post-graduate qualification in Sport Psychology or Behavioural Science is an advantage
- At least 3 years of working experience in a talent development environment catering to a youth population
- Involvement in projects aiming to test, observe and analyse behaviours under changing conditions
- Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Understanding of data analysis and/or statistics packages (such as SPSS, MATLAB, R, Python etc.)
- An active involvement in and passion for sport either as a coach, participant or volunteer
Your role is to help build and engage the relevant stakeholders e.g. Athletes, Coaches, National Sports Associations and others through programmes, events and activities. You will be part of a team that will conceptualise, develop and implement sports programmes and activities that will promote youth sport development, youth coaching and talent identification.
- A Degree in Sports Science, Human Movement Studies, or other Subjects
- Good planning and organisational skills
- A good team-player and highly adaptable to changes
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in English and at least another language
- Proficient in Microsoft office and other web based applications
- Good knowledge of statistical software