Career With Us
If you are a highly motivated, engaging and enthusiastic individual with an understanding of the needs of elite student-athletes and if you want to work and excel in a challenging environment, we invite you to join us. You should forward a detailed CV with a recent photograph, stating your academic/professional qualifications, working experience and current and expected salaries to email@example.com.
Please indicate the job title on the subject heading of your email. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Sport Scientist (Strength & Conditioning and Data Analytics)
In this dual role, you will combine the provision of strength and conditioning programming to youth athletes with leading the digitalisation efforts within the strength and conditioning team. You will design and implement strength and conditioning programmes and interventions to enhance youth athlete performance. You will also spearhead the use of strength and conditioning technologies and lead the consolidation and analysis of relevant performance data. As part of the organisation’s trans-disciplinary approach, you will collaborate with sport coaches and specialists from other sport science disciplines to create new insights into youth athlete development.
- Degree in Sport Science/Human Movement Studies or equivalent
- Strength & Conditioning professional certification (minimum Level 1)
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in the area of strength and conditioning, with a strong background in the application of evidence-based support
- Familiarity with technologies relevant to the delivery of strength and conditioning, such as velocity-based training, jump monitoring, global positioning systems
- Experience with data visualisation (Tableau, Google Data Studio, Power BI) and data analytics (R, Python) platforms is highly desirable
- Good verbal and communication skills to quickly develop successful and effective working relationships with key partners
- Valid First Aid, CPR and AED certification
- International Olympic Committee (IOC) Safeguarding Athletes from Harassment and Abuse certification is preferred
SENIOR SPORT PHYSIOLOGIST/SPORT PHYSIOLOGIST
You will support coaches in designing programmes and interventions to enhance the physiological preparation, development and recovery of youth-athletes through conducting needs assessments with coaches; monitoring of the youth-athletes’ fitness and conditioning; interpreting and reporting test results in a timely manner. You will design and implement talent development programmes; design, create and validate assessments that will enhance further the value of monitoring of youth-athletes’ physical conditioning and sporting performance. You will also lead in the conducting and application of sport science research.
- A Post-graduate Qualification (a PhD in Sport Science or Physiology or MSc [research]) in a similar field of study in Exercise Science, Sports Science, Physiology or related subject.
- At least 2-5 years of working experience in a talent development environment with young athletes
- Experience in high-performance sport or sport science support provision and have worked with a variety of sports, including team and individual sports
- Has membership with relevant professional bodies e.g. Sport and Exercise Science New Zealand, British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences, etc
- Good knowledge of statistical methods and is experienced in analysing, reporting and providing insights from athlete data
- Experience in data mining, predictive statistical modelling and machine learning techniques is desirable
- Ability to demonstrate an emerging track record in research
- A good team player and possess good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
EXECUTIVE, STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS
You will work as part of a team to create and deliver strategic communications plans to internal and external target audiences and stakeholders. You will assist in the roll out of these plans to ensure our plans are delivered with consistency, and our target audiences and stakeholders understand and welcome these plans.
- A degree in Mass Communications, Public Relations or equivalent
- Relevant experience in strategic communications, public relations and/or publishing
- Experience in managing internal/external communication deliverables such as collaterals, emails, newsletters, presentations, websites, social media platforms, etc
- Good writing, editing and basic visual graphics skills
- Good relationship building skills to build buy-in across stakeholders
- A good team-player, highly motivated and outcome driven