- About NYSI
- Sport Science
Performance Analysis Sport Nutrition Sport Physiology Sport Psychology Strength & Conditioning Sport Physiotherapy Science and Technology NYSI Research Bytes Sport Science Workshop
- Talent ID
'I LIKE' Youth Athlete Development Conferences NYSI TOP Athlete Programme NYSI TOP Challenge
- Youth Coaching
Youth Coaching Online Workshops Youth Coaching Conferences Coaching Resources Useful Links for Coaches
- Athlete Life Management
Athlete Life Coaching Education Pathway NYSI Leagues Workshops Sports Parents Handbook Athletes' Handbook Resources Temasek Foundation Inspire Fund for Athletes
NYSI supports Silat youth athletes with nutrition workshop
Ng Ee Ling, NYSI Sport Dietitian, taking the Silat youth athletes through an interactive activity to help them remember the key learning points.
Tuesday, 18 June 2019 - The energy in the room was high. The Silat youth athletes were engaged in an online game of Kahoot! which tested what they had just learnt in the nutrition workshop organised by the National Youth Sports Institute (NYSI).
The game quizzed the athletes on the functions of different types of nutrients that Ng Ee Ling, NYSI Sport Dietitian had taught them.
Youth athlete Nur Hadi Bin Norshamsuddi reflected after the workshop, "Most of us thought that milk was just for rebuilding our bones. But from the activity, we also learnt that milk gives us energy." He shared that he would now make it a habit to drink at least 4 to 5 cups of milk daily after learning more about its many benefits.
Through hands-on activities, the athletes also learnt the importance of planning their meals and hydration schedule to better suit their training intensities.
Nadhrah Binte Sahrin added, "I learnt new things like how we should have snacks like Milo bars 30 minutes before training sessions. I also learnt that there are different groups of foods with different functions, so we should schedule our meals properly."
Team manager Noor Zakiah Binte May Yim summed up, "Before the team came for the workshop, they had little knowledge about what they should eat before, during and after trainings. This workshop gave a lot of information about how they should choose the right food."
Silat youth athletes learning about different foods.
Silat youth athletes preparing chocolate milk using the NYSI Recovery Tube.
Silat youth athletes at the NYSI nutrition workshop on 18 June 2019.
- NYSI Youth Coaching Conference 2021: Supporting the Singapore Youth Coach
- Temasek Foundation Inspire Fund for Athletes
- NYSI Youth Coaching Conference 2020
- NYSI TOP Athlete Programme
- “Is early reliable TID possible? No. Is it necessary? No, it is not.” - Prof Dr Arne Güllich
- Youth Athlete Development Conference 2019
- NYSI provides support for Maximilian Maeder leading up to the Qatar 2019 World Beach Games
- NYSI Extends Campaign Based Support to Parents
- NYSI IHL Basketball League 2019
- NYSI IHL Water Polo League 2019
- Team Singapore Athletes' Conference 2019
- Singapore university sailors win bronze at 2019 Summer Universiade
- NYSI supports STF taekwondo training camp with sport science workshops
- NYSI supports Silat youth athletes with nutrition workshop
- Benefits of playing multiple sports for youth athletes
- NYSI & SSI Parents Huddle
- NYSI IHL Basketball League Testing
- NYSI Parents' Huddle on Sports Nutrition
- 4th Junior Development Camp for youth swimmers
- NYSI Athlete Life workshop for youth swimmers to prepare for FINA World Junior Championships
- NYSI supports ASG youth coaches with physiotherapy, nutrition, and psychology workshops
- NYSI Youth Carding Huddle
- NYSI introduces transformational coaching and constraints-based coaching concepts to ITE coaches and staff
- NYSI TOP Athlete Programme Campus Visit to ITE College East
- NYSI TOP Athlete Programme Selection Trials at ITE College West
- NYSI TOP Athlete Programme goes to National Stadium
- NYSI TOP Athlete Programme visits Temasek Hall
- 2019 NYSI JC-ITE Netball League
- Fencing: Singapore win first ever team gold at 2019 Asian Juniors and Cadets Championships
- 70 attend NYSI Parents Huddle on how to help their child manage sports and academics
- NYSI Junior College 3x3 Basketball Series
- NYSI YOG Support
- Interview with Jaslyn Hooi
- NYSI IHL Basketball League 2018
- NYSI hosts training camp for Waseda University Sprint Team
- “My failures taught me much more than my success ever did. I learnt that if you really want something, you have to keep going and going and eventually you will reach that level.” - Rebecca Wardell
- MYSP Youth Planning Toolkit Seminar
- NYSI TOP Athlete Programme visits Eusoff Hall
- NYSI hosts 45 youth athletes and officials from Japan Association of Athletics Federations (JAAF)
- "Junior Division Review will give students the motivation to improve and continue the sport.” - NYSI
- Facing Challenges in the Best Possible Form
- Singapore University Athletics Team Selection 2019
- Youth Coaching Conference 2019
- NSG Junior Division Review
- NYSI Post-Secondary Huddle 2019
- Youth Athlete Development Conference 2018
- NYSI IHL Water Polo League
- 2nd Track and Field Mini Series
- Safe Sport Forum
- Safety Briefing Huddle for NYSI IHL Leagues
- Junior Sports Academy Sharing Session
- Richard Shuttleworth Workshops
- NYSI JC Leagues
- Youth Coaching Conference 2018
- Youth Athlete Development Conference 2017