- About NYSI
- Performance Pathways Science
Performance Analysis Sport Nutrition Sport Physiology Sport Psychology Strength & Conditioning Sport Physiotherapy Science and Technology NYSI Research Bytes Sport Science Workshop NYSI Research Bytes Podcast
- Talent ID
JSA Youth Athlete Development Conferences NYSI TOP Athlete Programme The Singapore Athlete Development Playbook I Like
- Youth Coaching
Youth Coaching Online Workshops Youth Coaching Conferences Coaching Resources Useful Links for Coaches
- Athlete Life
Workshops Education Pathway NYSI Leagues Sports Parents Handbook Athletes' Handbook Resources Athletes' Inspire Fund
NYSI TOP Athlete Programme visits Temasek Hall
Prem Manoharan, an Ultimate Frisbee player from Temasek Hall, warming up for the beep test conducted by Gabriel Choong, NYSI Physiologist.
The National Youth Sports Institute (NYSI) went back to the National University of Singapore (NUS) with the NYSI TOP Athlete Programme. After the first visit to Eusoff Hall, NYSI staff were at Temasek Hall, who came in second in the recent NUS Inter-Hall Games.
The NYSI TOP Athlete Programme is focused on identifying student-athletes who possess the raw athletic ability to ultimately represent Singapore at international competitions. NYSI will also provide student-athletes a chance to transfer to a different sport if they meet certain benchmarks.
The same tests as at Eusoff Hall were conducted for the Temasek Hall student-athletes to ensure consistency – a 20m sprint, a vertical jump, grip strength, pull ups, and a beep test.
“I was looking forward to the test and I really enjoyed myself because I have been training hard as an athlete. I want to know where I stand and what physical tests I can do to test my athleticism. I have not heard of this test before. It is a good exposure and I know what I can train towards in future,” said Tan Yuan Rong, a student-athlete majoring in Business.
Prem Manoharan, a student-athlete majoring in Biomedical Engineering, shared positive comments.
“National players are usually identified when they are young, but there are some who are late bloomers or start getting into sports later. I think it is good that NYSI is still looking for talents at a later age,” said Prem.
Based on the results, one student-athlete met the benchmarks for further testing.
Handballer Jasmine Goh of Temasek Hall at the 20m sprint station.
Matthew Wlyde, Head of Performance Analytics, briefs two Temasek Hall student-athletes at the vertical jump station.
- NYSI support for urban sports that made debut at 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- NYSI Youth Coaching Conference 2021: Supporting the Singapore youth coach
- Temasek Foundation Inspire Fund for Athletes
- NYSI Youth Coaching Conference 2020
- NYSI TOP Athlete Programme
- “Is early reliable TID possible? No. Is it necessary? No, it is not.” - Prof Dr Arne Güllich
- Youth Athlete Development Conference 2019
- NYSI provides support for Maximilian Maeder leading up to the Qatar 2019 World Beach Games
- NYSI extends campaign-based support to parents
- NYSI IHL Basketball League 2019
- NYSI IHL Water Polo League 2019
- Team Singapore Athletes' Conference 2019
- Singapore university sailors win bronze at 2019 Summer Universiade
- NYSI supports STF taekwondo training camp with sport science workshops
- NYSI supports Silat youth athletes with nutrition workshop
- Benefits of playing multiple sports for youth athletes
- NYSI & SSI Parents Huddle
- NYSI IHL Basketball League Testing
- NYSI Parents' Huddle on Sports Nutrition
- 4th Junior Development Camp for youth swimmers
- NYSI Athlete Life workshop for youth swimmers to prepare for FINA World Junior Championships
- NYSI supports ASG youth coaches with physiotherapy, nutrition, and psychology workshops
- NYSI Youth Carding Huddle
- NYSI introduces transformational coaching and constraints-based coaching concepts to ITE coaches and staff
- NYSI TOP Athlete Programme Campus Visit to ITE College East
- NYSI TOP Athlete Programme Selection Trials at ITE College West
- NYSI TOP Athlete Programme goes to National Stadium
- NYSI TOP Athlete Programme visits Temasek Hall
- 2019 NYSI JC-ITE Netball League
- Fencing: Singapore win first ever team gold at 2019 Asian Juniors and Cadets Championships
- 70 attend NYSI Parents Huddle on how to help their child manage sports and academics
- NYSI Junior College 3x3 Basketball Series
- NYSI YOG Support
- Interview with Jaslyn Hooi
- NYSI IHL Basketball League 2018
- NYSI hosts training camp for Waseda University Sprint Team
- “My failures taught me much more than my success ever did. I learnt that if you really want something, you have to keep going and going and eventually you will reach that level.” - Rebecca Wardell
- MYSP Youth Planning Toolkit Seminar
- NYSI TOP Athlete Programme visits Eusoff Hall
- NYSI hosts 45 youth athletes and officials from Japan Association of Athletics Federations (JAAF)
- "Junior Division Review will give students the motivation to improve and continue the sport.” - NYSI
- Facing Challenges in the Best Possible Form
- Singapore University Athletics Team Selection 2019
- Youth Coaching Conference 2019
- NSG Junior Division Review
- NYSI Post-Secondary Huddle 2019
- Youth Athlete Development Conference 2018
- NYSI IHL Water Polo League
- 2nd Track and Field Mini Series
- Safe Sport Forum
- Safety Briefing Huddle for NYSI IHL Leagues
- Junior Sports Academy Sharing Session
- Richard Shuttleworth Workshops
- NYSI JC Leagues
- Youth Coaching Conference 2018
- Youth Athlete Development Conference 2017